
Ultrasound - April 21, 2009: TWINS
Ok, so I'm going to be open and detailed throughout my writing. If it's too much, I apologize, but it's the best way for me to document this exciting, crazy time for our family. This is how the above ultrasound came to be:
Approximately three months ago, I made an appointment with my doctor to discuss alternative birth control options. I felt like the pill I was taking was making me crazy. I was so moody and irritable. It wasn't fun for anyone. I stopped taking the pill the week of my doctor's appointment. Unfortunately, my appointment got cancelled at the last minute, and I wasn't able to reschedule before damage was done, so to speak. It was Valentine's Day weekend. I knew it was risky, but I figured, what are the odds? Well, apparently the odds were good. I took a pregnancy test about a month later, and it was positive. Yup, two solid red lines. No doubt about it.
My initial reaction was to swear a couple times. Holy S__T! Oh my GOD! F__K! Really? Then, I called Shane.
We weren't planning on having another child anytime soon. I wasn't even sure if I wanted another child! It was tough adjusting to the news. I never thought I'd have two kids only 23 months apart. Wow. All I could really think was, I've got my work cut out for me!
Fast forward to this past Tuesday....
I decided to get the 1st trimester screen, so I could have an ultrasound before 20 weeks. I didn't really care about the actual test. I just wanted to see that baby! The minute the ultrasound technician (AKA Bobbi) put the wand on my belly, I knew I was seeing twins. My hands went to my head and I said, "How did I know?! Oh my God. I knew it! How did I know?" Don't get me wrong, I huge portion of me was totally surprised, but there was also a part of me that somehow knew. Call it divine intuition. We'd been joking about having twins for the past couple months. I'd been feeling too big too soon. The last thing Shane said to me before my appointment was, "Call me when you're done and let me know how the twins are. Haha." That's how much we'd been joking about it. Well, Shane was dead on. I did call him right after to let him know how the twins were. Surprise!
The rest of the Tuesday was a blur of shock and phone calls. My mind hasn't stopped racing since Tuesday morning. What is this going to do to our family? How will Linnea feel? Can I take care of two babies and a toddler? We need SO much stuff: double or triple stroller, another crib, swings, pack 'n plays, bouncer, bottles, a freakin' mini-van!! Oh my God.
So, this is the beginning of the Lange family blog. I'm 11 weeks pregnant with twins. My belly already measures 17 weeks. Linnea is 16 months old. Ringo is 4. We have (fingers crossed for full-term pregnancy) about 6 months before Baby A and Baby B make their way into the world. Wish us luck!
I don't know you but came upon your blog randomly by continually clicking "next blog". Well, Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteRegister for stuff now so we can start helping!!
ReplyDelete