Sunday, March 27, 2011

Daddy's BIG "Angry" Oops!

Bath time for Lizie and Joey is no easy task. They splash like crazy and act like little water maniacs. The entire bathroom is drenched within minutes of them entering the tub. I'm not gonna lie...I kind of despise Lizie and Joey's bath time. So, to relieve me of the task, Daddy decided to tackle bath time while I entertained Linnea. Let's just say that tub time didn't last too long, but it's effects did...

Lizie and Joey were getting over a bout of the stomach flu, so they still had a bit of diarrhea. Yep, you can imagine where this story is going, right? Unfortunately, Daddy is mildly obsessed (okay TOTALLY obsessed) with Angry Birds, and thought he'd just play a "quick" game while watching the babies in the tub. NOT a good idea, Daddy. Shortly after tub time began, I hear Daddy yell, "I NEED HELP!" It didn't take me a fraction of a second to visualize what had happened...you got it, the tub was FILLED with diarrhea. The babies were bathing in their own poop. Gross. Daddy told me he wasn't sure when it happened because he was "kind of" into a round of Angry Bird. He said the babies might've been sitting in their poo for "I dunno, maybe a couple minutes." Well, if "a couple minutes" was an accurate time estimation, that would mean one thing: the babies definitely ingested poo. Great.

The next 3-4 days was a mess of disgusting blow out diapers. Joey and Eliza must have been so uncomfortable...my poor babies. The aftermath of Daddy's bath time was all on me (and our wonderful, patient, tolerant, understanding nanny). Fabulous. More hand washing, more laundry, more bed sheet changes, etc. Ugh. Let this be a lesson and reminder to parents everywhere: do NOT be a distracted bath-giver. You must commit fully to your bath-giving duties. Accidents happen in seconds...even poopy accidents. One or two games of Angry Birds is SO not worth excessive diarrhea. I don't care what level you're on. End of story.

1 comment:

  1. Ewwww, gross! Keep that story saved for Joey and Lizie's first dates later in life. It'll go over great! :)

    ReplyDelete